vaillant ecotec plus 824 F57 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need help! My boiler keeps displaying F57 Monitoring program. When it does it shuts down and doesn't do anything which is a right pain as I'm regularly not there for a few days at a time. The fault is cleared by a simple reset and the bailer fires up fine. It then works for a few hours with no problems, sometimes it will start making a loud juddering sound(sorry that the only way I can describe it) repeatedly 4 or 5 times. According to the manual it's a highly corroded electrode. It didn't looks that bad but was only £20 for a new one, So I changed it, that didn't work so I changed the cable as well. That didn't work so I was advised it was probably a faulty PCB board. I've changed that and it's still doing exactly the same. Where do I go next? Please help.

Sponsored Links
I know you’ve come to a diy/expert forum looking for expertise, but when you signed up it would have mentioned the prevention of gas/boiler related advice. So unfortunately, I doubt you’ll get an answer, stop tinkering with something you obviously don’t know about before you cause some harm to yourself and or others. Call a gas safe registered engineer or Vaillant for a fixed price repair.

Last edited:
Thats helpful thanks. I must add all this work as been carried out on the advise and been check by a gas safe engineer. He just isn't able to diagnose this problem at this stage without keep spending money on it. I was wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this problem and could offer any advise. Obviously you can't.

He just isn't able to diagnose this problem at this stage without keep spending money on it
Tell him to ring Vaillant technical then or join the combustion chamber forum on here (for rgi’s) and maybe then he’ll get his answer, maybe even from me.

Obviously you can't.
Because forum rules prohibit me advising on such topics.

Sponsored Links
Apparently he did that and that was who told him to change the expensive PCB board which hasn't made one bit of difference.

As my original post said, that wasn't the first thing suggested. Thanks for all the advice though. This is really helpful stuff.

Tell your engineer to join cc then, or go with fixed price repair. Otherwise it’ll get too costly just guessing and throwing parts at it. PCB recommendation from technical isn’t unheard of, as with this fault, it’s not one I’ve had before, but it’s also what’s in the manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back