Vaillant Ecotec plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please advise which is the 'best' / preferred 3 way divertor valve for the above combi.
thanks

Sponsored Links
can the wiring adapter be bought separately as I noticed that the plastic body type can be bought somewhat cheaper ;)but not supplied with the wiring adapter.
you guessed it! still have the pre- 2012 divertor fitted which I believe can not be serviced.

why do the brass type have a blanking off nut on the side but the plastic type is moulded?

thanks

Last edited:
can the wiring adapter be bought separately as I noticed that the plastic body type can be bought somewhat cheaper but not supplied with the wiring adapter.

why do the brass type have a blanking off nut on the side but the plastic type is moulded?
what safety checks are you going to do now with having that cover off ;)

Sponsored Links
I dont intend on doing any safety checks, thats the job for the professionals as is changing the divertor.

the cover is still firmly attached.

but wait! i know whats coming next - how do you know the old divertor type is fitted if you havent removed the front cover?:D

Last edited:
I dont intend on doing any safety checks, thats the job for the professionals as is changing the divertor.

the cover is still firmly attached.

but wait! i know whats coming next - how do you know the old divertor type is fitted if you havent removed the front cover?:D

i don't want to get into pantomime over this even though it is that time of year, oh no it isn't, oh yes it is scenario.

when an engineer visited last, 2-3 yrs ago, I hovered over his shoulder, asked lots of annoying questions(not really to either of our benefit, at least not at the time), poked my big bonce inside and had a good look around, so I know what the divertor looks like and as you have to agree it is quite distinguishable from the other types.

0020128697 - wiring harness

but its not just the divertor harness, its the complete set! which makes it somewhat more expensive

dont look like GW do one either!

Last edited:
178978 older valve upto 2012, i believe and apparently not serviceable

0020014168 plastic body

0020020015 plastic body and would seem to be the latest version

all seem to be the same or later versions that are all compatible with some Vaillant, Glowworm and Saunier Deval combis.

Some come with the wiring adapter, some don"t!

Prices vary immensely.

Perhaps if I get the opportunity I shall do a quick write up of the wiring adapter pinout and wiring config.

Should be simple enough, its only 4 wires converting to a 'molex' mini 6 pin socket.

However, heres a photo, what more do you need.

Attachments

• 20170104_160123-768x432.jpg
    20170104_160123-768x432.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back