vaillant ecotec plus

J

jortijn

Hi all,

I have a Vaillant ecotec plus boiler 831 in other posts I see people talking about canoe filter that might be blocked.

I googled canoe filter but can't find anything I have a 831 R1.

Still have the S.53 on hot water error

Kind regards

Sponsored Links
S53 is not really an error , its the boiler telling you that the difference between the flow and return is too much , in your case its probably a blocked plate heat exchanger, does your hot water go hot and cold ?

Hi Picasso I have cleared the secondary part of the heat exchanger but I haven't done the primary part as no one is talking about that.

and yes my water goes hot cold hot cold unless I open the tab fully it gets cold all the way

Sponsored Links
yes that is what I mean are there any settings I need to set as I have done a factory reset?

You need to have your boiler cleaned out, fiddling with the setting ain't gonna help.

Is there something like a canoe filter in my Valliant 831 R1 boiler can this couse a blockage or what would be likeley to be blocked?

Is there something like a canoe filter in my Valliant 831 R1 boiler can this couse a blockage or what would be likeley to be blocked?
Blocked plate heat exchanger - you've already been told this......

Hi all thank you for your help I bought an new heat exchanger original from valliant but no change at all when i open the tab a bit I get warm water even the boiler goes in S53 but if i open the tab / shower all the way the water starts to cool down very quickly and doesn't warm up again till I turn off the tab and turn it back on again.

Ask Muggles for a refund? Always easy to be confident on an internet forum.

I am not out to blame anyone I rather work towards a solution I am very happy with all help!

There can be many causes of problems on boilers.

But what you have described can be caused by a blocked plate heat exchanger but some gas settings can cause it or a weak or blocked pump.

You should not touch the gas settings.

In fact you should not even be touching anything inside as accessing that requires removing the outer cover which is what keeps the boiler room sealed!

Tony

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back