vaillant ecotec pro 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have got a 1 year old ectec pro 24 and the timer clock on it runs slow, by approx 2 hours per day, and when i listen to it tic the seconds seem to last too long.

Is there any way to sort this out so the clock runs a the correct speed?

Its really annoying becasue everyday i have to adjust the clock other wise the heating stays on really late into the night then doesnt come on til 10am in the morning.

I just cant get hold of the plumber who installed the system a year ago, he just wont respond to my messages or calls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Replace the clock yourself. They are only a plug in unit.

Which one is it? The timeswitch 130?

thanks dave, its the circular clock with loads of little pins you move to set the times.

I just looked at it now and it has now completey stopped working, not eve ticking now!

Can i litterally just pull the clock out or do i need to un screw the front pannel etc?

literallly just pull it out. there will be a slight recess to get a tool in there such as a knife from the kitchen draw :D

Sponsored Links
I pulled the clock mechanism off last night and the little white cog decieded to pop out and find its wal into the bottom of a huge box of old towels.

Anyway after 20 mins and swearing and throwing towels around the bathroom i found it, I gave it a good clean and an put it back togehter and it seems to have worked. the clock wa\s spot on this morning after the night.

I'll keep checking it over the next few days.

Do you experts think vaillants are any good, i was lead into believing they were the best and paid extra to have a V put in, it has been reliable so far but i have read loads of bad reviews about them and wondering in hindsight if a worster bosch would have been a smarter choice?

Everyone on here will have their own personal choice of which is best (bit like which car is best) but a vaillant is up there with the best of them around at the moment (only my opinion ;) )

Thanks.

Sadly I was losing out on them, not realising I had to charge VAT on everything. Stupid me. :oops:

Still got a few left, but now £20 including postage.

Is this the Vaillant with only a one year warrantee?

If its only a year old then not very good to fail so soon. Although the one on my boiler must be about 11 years old now.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back