Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28: F.22 warning (low pressure), but no filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was away for a week and came home to F.22 error code on my Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28, with a pressure reading of 0.4 bar. I understand that once the pressure is below 0.5 bar it will turn off. Videos I watched recommended turning the valves on the filling loop, but it seems mine doesn't have one? I also checked under the sink and the only thing which looked a valve spur broke off in my hand instantly :/

A2tuQnd.jpg

boQ0MyO.jpg

U4ue39D.jpg

BDBQnmU.jpg

mpDWfvJ.gif

Sponsored Links
It is not in your pics, post a pic of the pipes to the right hand side of your first pic

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
That’s for your washing machine/dishwasher by the looks of it (and probably replaceable).

Try looking above your boiler or cylinder cupboard (if you have one). Do you know what you’re looking for?

It is not in your pics, post a pic of the pipes to the right hand side of your first pic

hxm0fEv.jpg

That's all the piping I see to the right :shrug:

That’s for your washing machine/dishwasher by the looks of it (and probably replaceable).

Try looking above your boiler or cylinder cupboard (if you have one). Do you know what you’re looking for?

Cheers, that does make sense, the washing machine is to the left of that blue valve so I think you are right. From what I've seen online I should be looking for at least one valve connected to a braided hose, but I don't see a braided hose anywhere.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Have you looked in the cupboard below your boiler? Can you post a photo of inside the cupboard?

OK your filling loop is somewhere else, as you say might be a braided silver hose but not always connected, follow the cold water inlet pipe back from the boiler until you find it

• Thanks
Your looking for valves connected to either of the pipes with lines on and the cold main (arrowed), it will be there, otherwise they wouldn’t have been able to fill up initially, without difficulty.

Attachments

• 23D8908E-900D-430B-971D-11DE89DEA571.jpeg
    23D8908E-900D-430B-971D-11DE89DEA571.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 308
Your looking for valves connected to either of the pipes with lines on and the cold main (arrowed), it will be there, otherwise they wouldn’t have been able to fill up initially, without difficulty.

Thanks, here are photos from the cupboard underneath the boiler:

67LuHi3.jpg

0w7a5Np.jpg

OK your filling loop is somewhere else, as you say might be a braided silver hose but not always connected, follow the cold water inlet pipe back from the boiler until you find it

Sorry I am not sure which of these would be the cold water inlet pipe?

fGqTFq8.jpg

Nope not there you will have to look further away, I am never surprised where some people install filling loops

• Thanks
your pic only shows 2 pipes , where do the rest of them go ?

I took this video to give an idea of the layout:

It looks like one goes outside, and three look like they may be behind the boards of the cupboards below?

V3CARcR.jpg

could you have made that a bit faster ? remove the bottle of wine and whatever that is in the cupboard beside it, there is a cut out in the back of the cupboard look in there

• Thanks
Is there anything next to the cupboard on the left as you’re looking at it? A blank panel, tray space, etc?

could you have made that a bit faster ? remove the bottle of wine and whatever that is in the cupboard beside it, there is a cut out in the back of the cupboard look in there

I had a look in the cut out but I can't see anything :/ I tried tor remove the shelf to get a better look but the piping is in the way.

Is there anything next to the cupboard on the left as you’re looking at it? A blank panel, tray space, etc?

I think that goes to the washing machine? Also had a look in the cupboards above the washing machine but no piping there:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back