Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 - replaced knob, 0c - no hot water or heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Moved into a flat with a broken knob that controls the radiators. Estate agents were useless so was forced to do a self repair.

Ordered new knobs and followed this procedure to the letter -

Once I turned the boiler back on, it just says "0c" and no longer have hot water or heating:

IMG_20211023_1203553.jpg

Pressing the i button gives me an S. 0 code "no heat demand":

IMG_20211023_1204000.jpg

Need advice on this quickly please!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Try twisting your knob. In the picture its set on minimum.

I got a green light now but the temperature doesn't go up and down - stays at 0 unless I turn either of the knobs (then it shows the temp of water / heating temporarily then goes back to 0)

Got a thermostat somewhere ? and what happens when you turn a tap on and press i on the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Think you may have disturbed a harness, double check everything is plugged in at pcb (turn the power off first).

Think you may have disturbed a harness, double check everything is plugged in at pcb (turn the power off first).

It was, but just had an engie in and he said the PCB's had it. Says I'm looking at a new boiler since it's pretty old anyway.

is the heating control know hard to turn ?

No it turns very well and shows the temps and everything

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Up to you, a new pcb for that boiler is approx £180 plus fitting. eBay sell reconditioned pcb’s cheap enough, it’s whether you want to take the risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back