vaillant ecotec pro 28 replacement parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
First my shower now my boiler !!! can any one recommend a supplier for a diverter valve for my ecotec 28 ? I have had an engineer in and he tested the diverter, it works manually but not on the motor, he said to find one on the net and he will come back to replace, (the spindle is not opening / turning) any suggestions ? I have heating but no hot water (and no shower either at the moment)
thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
The lazy git, why didnt he get you one?!

You will find the part number in the instruction manual. Google that number and see what comes up.

im assuming its an ecotec pro, if so how old is it? have you seen the diverter valve? is it brass?

The brass one was used in boilers up to about a year or so ago and is part no 178978, since then they've been using a plastic one as fitted to glowworms, cant remember number though, but chances are u need to brass one. plastic one is more reliable.

Sponsored Links
yea got a brass nut, it comes off easyenough and i have tried "adjusting" the diverter but no joy, (got hat water now but no heat) got to get a part asap.

Try abcot.co.uk price seems rediculously low (whole valve 178978 - not motor on its own) assuming you have the brass one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back