Vaillant ecoTEC pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help?
I have a Vaillant ecoTEC pro boiler and my heating won't come on and it's saying my water pressure is too low. The instruction manual tells you to ring an engineer but I have a child I don't have time to wait days!

Sponsored Links
Do you have something on the pipes under the boiler that looks like this

image.jpg

I have one it's not been attached to my boiler :(

Are you renting the property?

If so call the landlord for advice!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes private rent but they are not much use so was hoping to do it myself :/

So if you have a filling loop (the thing in the picture) but it's not attached, where is it? The system must have been filled up originally somehow...

It was just on top of the pipes not attached to anything so I've no idea how it was originally filled?

Post a picture of the pipes under the boiler then we should be able to tell u where to attach it to

There will be two silver valves that are only attached at one end. The hose goes between the two ends that aren't currently attached to anything, and then you can fill the system

I'm not a gas engineer but looks like those two silver caps are covering the ends of the filling loop valves. Provided they have handles make sure they're in the off position, ie handles at right angles to the flow, filling loop should connect there. You need to open both valves to pressurise system, then turn both off afterward. I usually pressurise to 1.2bar cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back