Vaillant Ecotech 28 pump leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I noticed a few drips falling from the right hand side of my boiler. On inspection it appears to be coming from beneath the pump.

I am awaiting an engineer to come and fix it. I am using it sparingly at the moment. Switch on on a morning and use to heat the house and everyone to shower. Then switch off and turn off the water. Will this damage the boiler until fixed? Will it be an expensive job?

Ironically, I have just signed-up for boiler cover but am still within the 14 day period so can't claim.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The chance of damage from it is slim to none, fortunetly the electronics are well placed in these boilers. Keep an eye on your pressure gauge as it will cut off if the leak causes the pressure to go too low.

If you know its comming from there or there abouts I assume you have had the front casing off? which you shouldnt be doing as you are breaking the room seal of the boiler which ensures fumes are kept away from you.

Usually its caused by seriously worn pump bearings caused by dirty water.

But today I removed an 11 year old one that seems to have just leaked from the pump gasket and the impeller bearing was still in good condition.

Tony

Thanks for all of your contributions. Would it be a completely new pump or can they be repaired by an engineer, please?

Hi.

I noticed a few drips falling from the right hand side of my boiler. On inspection it appears to be coming from beneath the pump.

I am awaiting an engineer to come and fix it. I am using it sparingly at the moment. Switch on on a morning and use to heat the house and everyone to shower. Then switch off and turn off the water. Will this damage the boiler until fixed? Will it be an expensive job?

Ironically, I have just signed-up for boiler cover but am still within the 14 day period so can't claim.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

It'll be from the diverter valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back