Vaillant Group Service - the worst in the world?

The impression I get is that Homeserve is two things:

1. A financial company (it's part of Axa, insurance) who provide the financial 'muscle' for domestic appliance insurance schemes.

There is nothing on the Homeserve corporate page to indicate that they are in any way connected with Axa in terms of ownership.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you're right Agile. I'm probably completely wrong. I thought I'd read somewhere that Axa and Homeserve were connected in some way.

Oh, wait, what's this:

https://www.affinitywater.co.uk/homeserve.aspx

and this:

http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/news/1258460/homeserve-strikes-axa-deal

On the letter we've got with the details of our cover there are 2 headings. Vaillant and Homeserve. You'd be hard pushed to say who the letter is 'from'.

At the bottom of the first page it says "Vaillant is a trading name of Vaillant Group UK Ltd...." then address, company number etc. Then "Vaillant Group UK Ltd is an APPOINTED REPRESENTATIVE of HomeServe Membership Limited...' plus addresses etc. for Homeserve. My emphasis added.

In the body of the letter it says:

"Dear Mr Angry (that's not my real name)

You recently experienced a breakdown for which Vaillant IN ASSOCIATION WITH HOMESERVE provided a repair which included materials, labour and VAT.

You ALSO chose Boiler Breakdown Cover which is sold, arranged and administered by Homeserve and underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA."

So, what have I learnt.

1. The initial breakdown repair is a different part of the cover to the ongoing insurance. Vaillant are doing it. But the 'deal' has been set up as part of some sort of deal with Homeserve.

2. Homeserve might do future repairs.

3. Homeserve arrange the insurance cover, but the insurance is underwritten by IPA.

4. IPA is owned by AXA.

So, not at all interested in any sort of who's right or wrong. But my original impression that Homeserve is 'something to do with' Axa looks correct. In insurance terms presumably it's the underwriter, ultimately, who's taking the risk and also providing the compensation in the event of a valid claim.

Sponsored Links
As it happens we've not called the number on the Vaillant/Homeserve boiler cover agreement letter.

But that's because it arrive a few days after we'd started the long series of visits from nice boiler repair chaps. So we already had lots of various Vaillant numbers scribbled on backs of envelopes/spare parts catalogues/last will and testaments/suicide notes.

Nice blokes, the boiler engineers. Pity their efforts were so often thwarted by the 'management'.

I did look through the Homeserve directors and none had any obvious connection with Vaillant ( or AXA ). They seemed very good company director material.

Nothing wrong with Homeserve having insurance underwritten by AXA.

Or by Homeserve using Vaillant engineers ( if that is what they are doing ).

The one bit of information missing so far is what name was on the vans the engineers came in.

Tony

3 engineers have been. 2 Homeserve vans, 1 Vaillant van.

Basically group service have a computer system that is so dog manure it doesn't work properly. The to make things even better the management are arrogant and choose to ignore it. Hence the reason good experienced engineers are leaving in droves and being replaced by agents that aren't as experienced and carry a lot less stock. They don't seem to understand that if you treat engineers like s**t they're going to leave

Harsh but true, vaillant and home server are in bed with each other, a tangled web, but some of us agents are far far superior to the full time engineers, the jobs not what it was it depended what area really

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back