Vaillant keeps blowing fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, have a new Vaillant ecotech 831 with honeywell cm907 stat. Everytime I switch the stat the fcu blows. Spark wired stat as follows A=brown B=black C=grey and on boiler 3, 4 & 5 are wired in cant remember colour order. Saw a post that said only 2 wires used. Can anyone guide me please. Thanks

Sponsored Links
if its new get installer back, if you touch it yourself it may invalidate warrantee

Dont think installer ie spark had a clue have stripped out his cable, so now I have hot water and it does not blow the fuse now. But need to know how to wire in stat.

Steve

HI

terminals 3 & 4 for the roomstat ,no earth for the roomstat

Sponsored Links
if its new why not get him back, IF he had made mistake surely it would have blown when he tried it. Or is this a diy install and instead of being truthful and saying help you decide to lie

namsag, , As to being a diy install, I wish it was. At least I would have done a better job than the so called "Profesionals". The installer has already messed up the rewire, which will probably have to be done again. So please help. Thankyou

namsag, me thinks you would be best to keep out of this, As to being a diy install, I wish it was. At least I would have done a better job than the so called "Profesionals". The installer has already messed up the rewire, which will probably have to be done again. So butt out.

:oops: :p

namsag, me thinks you would be best to keep out of this, As to being a diy install, I wish it was. At least I would have done a better job than the so called "Profesionals". The installer has already messed up the rewire, which will probably have to be done again. So butt out.

That's nice. Namsag 3026 helpful posts versus you, 20 posts contributed FA and are asking for help. He gets told to butt out.

Just about everyone on here that is capable of spelling the word professional correctly knows the answer to your question, including me but I think I'll butt out of this one.

EliteHeat, I asked for help or advice not to be called a liar, that was genuine and thats what I thought this forum was for. Its the cowboys that are giving people like yourselves a bad name, we are the people who have to pick up the pieces after they have taken the money and ran. Do not mean any offence or want a senseless argument, just want heating to work. Thanks

Bus, you came for help on a free forum, please expect some civil banter. Everything for a nothing where you live eh?

Gas, fair comment. But I am fair and always willing to pay my way, and will never do bad work for anybody. just want to learn as much as possible. And my spelling is as bad as my eyesight. Apologies to all.

You only need 2 wires for the cm 907. The clock is battery powered.

A & B should be used on the programmer.

3 on Vaillant is power out to A and 4 is switched live back in from B.

Dont use 5 on Vaillant

just back from house, rewired boiler as posted and it is now working. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back