Vaillant VR65 with EcotecPlus System Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had my Vaillant Ecotec Plus system boiler installed along with VR 65 control center and VRC360 receiver and wireless stat. The sparky did not turn up so this is currently not working...so the plumber and I had a go (both novices!). I have followed the wiring diagram supplied by Vaillant but there are some gaps:

1. the diagram only specifies only Earth, Blue and Brown for the two-port valves so do I just not connect the Grey and Orange

2. The cyclinder (Honeywell) has connections as follows, with the 2 (Block 1) connected to the C (Block 2):

Block 1 Block 2
C Earth 2 C Earth 2 1

The VR65 diagram has only two wires specified so where do they go (the wiring diagram for the stat is based on using a Honeywell wiring centre so is completely different).

3. The Vaillant boiler includes a connection cable between terminals 3 and 4 and states that this should be removed for connection to external controls but does not state if this relates to VR65 or not....I presume they are left alone.

I appreciate I should just wait for the professionals but I am now obsessed with this and want to understand...please help!!

Sponsored Links
The VR65 should be wired to the mains with its own switched fuse isolator.

Yes you ignore the orange and grey wires on the zone valves.

You will only need 2 wires (plus earth possibly) on the Honeywell cyl stat. Between common and call for heat (can't remember if it is 2 or 3 right now.

Yes you leave the link in between 3 & 4 on the boiler pcb.

The VR65 connects to the boiler via the ebus terminals only. This should be 0.75mm2 flex/cable. The VR360 also connects via ebus only and can connect to the ebus at any point in the system.

On no account should any ebus connection ever have live voltage connected to it.

The ebus connections on the boiler are to the left of the 240V terminals on the pcb and are marked '+' & '-'. Polarity is not a concern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back