Vaillant VR392 VR65 VR10 Controls Upgrade

Wouldn't mind knowing where these controls can be had for such a good price.

Tks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can't set the D numbers for max output on the new model, it is disabled and unnecessary due to the wider mod ratio on the boiler.

makes sense on heating (why not buy the right boiler in the first place) but it was and is extremely useful in hot water...

although lowering the temperature of the primaries in hot water mode must have the same effect as lowering the kws...

although lowering the temperature of the primaries in hot water mode must have the same effect as lowering the kws...

Now you are talking S*** It takes Xkw to raise 50gallons of water say Δt=40c, lowering the the temperature just means it takes longer. And if you factor in the heat loss from the pipes may even cost more Kw's.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the abrupt and rude answer...

I am merely questioning why you can no longer alter the kw output of hot water mode...its very useful...I bet you can still alter the temperature though (also very useful)..

if you alter the temperature you also lower the kw's it just takes longer...(but not kws consumed)

This too is useful as bigger coils and hot primaries lead to high hysteris between set point and actual temperature in the cylinder...

Sorry didn't mean to sound rude, perhaps you should explain better.

The solution is quite simple, why stick the stat at the bottom of the cylinder, to measure the temperature at the top, also an wet stat is far more accurate than a stick on the side stat.

it says 418 in the OP!

The Op is over a year old kevin.

Erm, yes, I started this thread before I purchased mine in Feb 2011! :) - It seems to have been revived by "croninsfc" posting some info about his...

scoobydo123 said:
Wouldn't mind knowing where these controls can be had for such a good price.

Scooby, I purchased them from supremeplumb.com over a year ago, however, a quick check reveals they (VR65 & VRT392) havn't changed price much, still available at £128.90 delivered.

I am merely questioning why you can no longer alter the kw output of hot water mode...its very useful...I bet you can still alter the temperature though (also very useful)..

I expect its been disabled due to this new feature:

"Self adjusting range rating function which learns the maximum heating requirement of the system without the need for setting, ensuring the most efficient mode of operation"

If it works as described, it should make for a better more efficient product, especialy when installed by RGI's not so experienced in Vaillant boilers. They seem to have introduced several features on the new ranges aimed at helping the RGI, creating a more "fool proof" installation.

If they don't work as expected, it will make for some interesting threads on here and make diagnostics a bit more difficult without vrDIALOG etc.

BTW, does anyone know what the difference is between the VR65 and the new VR66 ? I can't see any info on the VR66 appart from in the manuals for other products.

I expect its been disabled due to this new feature:

"Self adjusting range rating function which learns the maximum heating requirement of the system without the need for setting, ensuring the most efficient mode of operation"
Vaillant must have seen the advice, given many times on this forum, to adjust d.0 parameter to provide the correct heating output, and decided to automate this.

Lets hope that it ranges up towards Max that the installation can take at the time rather than start at x of maximum rating of boiler then cycle down. That way if a flow temp of 40c is requested by external controls it wont reach and overshoot target and get in a cycling loop :mrgreen:

Lets hope that it ranges up towards Max that the installation can take at the time rather than start at x of maximum rating of boiler then cycle down. That way if a flow temp of 40c is requested by external controls it wont reach and overshoot target and get in a cycling loop :mrgreen:

this new feature is very clever, it will automatically adjust up and down several times per week!
it looks at system heat up time and increases the output to best match it accordingly every timed period , therefor in summer with only a couple of radiators on it may be as low as 6kw then in winter running full pelt raise itself to maximum. very adaptable system!

Up grade me on your experience with the 418, vr65 and vr 362 or 470 would you install this for a client...

I am being asked to quote to install an OV boiler...are these components a happy mix?

Up grade me on your experience with the 418, vr65 and vr 362 or 470 would you install this for a client...

I am being asked to quote to install an OV boiler...are these components a happy mix?

I assume you mean VRT392?

Let me answer a slightly different question, would I have that combination fitted again? The answer would be Yes & No. :)

Yes because I know them well, they work in my property and perform as good as I would expect (They are not perfect but I doubt the competition are either)

No because I would probably fit the new VR66 and VRT350 as I would hope Vaillant have improved upon the VR65/VRT392 combo with their latest offering! (and I like having the latest tech!)

I would not choose or recommend a VRC470 as I don't believe the extra cost (or potential operational difficulties) can be justified over the VRT version. (The 430 seems to be very temperamental with no real certainty if it will operate correctly)

this new feature is very clever, it will automatically adjust up and down several times per week!

Hmm, not as good as I expected then! :( The weather around here can (& often does) change on a hourly basis...

The marketing blurb suggests they can perform "Checks made every 30 seconds ensure optimum combustion and eliminate the need to check and set CO2 levels Burner is automatically monitored" - If that's the case, why would the range rating be limited to several times "per week"??

I would have expected it to change on a similar time frame as the above checks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back