Vaillant Turbo Max 232 F.28 Error every day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Forum members
I was wondering if someone can help.

I have a 15 yr old Vaillant Turbomax. it has been working fine so far. Last year, the fan failed and had to be replaced (£250) Expansion vessel had to be re-charged early this year as it was completely flat (British Gas call out fee £99.00)

It is now giving error f.28. I reset the boiler and it works fine. Upon reading forums, Vaillant websites, youtube videos it appears that I have the problem with either gas valve or circuit board. I am with British Gas and I believe they will charge me a call-out fee of 99 pounds and I do not want to unnecessarily pay them if they are just going to pump air in my expansion vessel.

Therefore the question, is it worth replacing the boiler ( I am looking at Vaillant Ecotec 832 - because of their stainless steel heat exchanger or Baxi 830 because of their brass parts and stainless steel heat exchanger + 10-year warranty).

Vaillant has a good name in the market but has discovered that they are bumping up the prices by 20% and parts getting expensive. On the other hand, Baxi is not too expensive.

So the question to all gas engineers is in your wise wisdom, should I bite the bullet and stick with the current turbo max or should I get rid of the current boiler and just get a new one for a 10-year peace of mind and how are Vaillant ecotec 830 vs Baxi 830

Many thanks
B

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back