F.28 error on Vaillant turbomax in evenings every day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I was wondering if someone would be able to help.

When the temperature drops at night I get f.28 error on my vaillant turbomax boiler. First thing I have to do every morning is press the reset button every day. It only happens when the temperature is too cold. Given that winter is approaching, I dont want to risk. I dont know whether it is a gas valve in the boiler or the gas pressure needs adjustment or a sign of another expensive repair lurking in the horizon.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lk

Sponsored Links
F28 is a failure to ignite.
The fact that the boiler basically works would probably rule out the more expensive problems or failed gas valve leads/pcbs.
Most likely it will be an iffy water pressure sensor (fitted to the early models), too low an ignition burner pressure, worn electrodes, incorrect flue restrictors,
blocked gas valve filter etc all of which are simple low cost faults to repair.

Check the gas valve lever and make sure it's fully open. There's also the possibility that the network pressure or the meter governor has an issue which is the responsibility of the gas network.

Need a Gas-Safe reg. eng to look at it.

Heu Luke,
What was the cause?
I have the same issue, in tve weekend when all day the temp is set at 21 the boiler is active and it works smoothly bit in the morning f.28 very frustrating

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back