VAILLANT TURBOMAX 242/ 1E BOILER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
would be grateful for some help here. I had an issue where I could not get hot water but could get heat for the central heating system. I had the diverter valve changed however I still have the same problem. When the boiler is on the hot water light will not come on. however I have central heating any input would be appreciated.
Many thanks john

Sponsored Links
Does the lever on the diverter move down and press the microswitch when a tap is open?

Hello, Yes it does (small white plastic lever). I have had the diverter changed today and getting the same symptoms.
many thanks john

Sponsored Links
Make sure the microswitch is working, and connected properly. If the switch is OK, and in the correct position check for the tap led on the front panel. If it doesn't light it's probably a board fault. Needs a pro as there are adjustments on the board that affect combustion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back