Vaillant turboMAX pressure in the red area.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My Grannies boiler is having a slight problem at the moment, when the heating is on the pressure goes all the way to just before 3 bar, the pressure relief valve is not lifted.

I went to check up and checked the filled loop is closed, then I bled water out of a radiator until the pressure was back to 1.5 bar.

I can't really give you a proper problem description because I only went to release the pressure in the fear of the PRV being lifted.

The heating and hot water works perfectly.

What is causing this severe pressure rise?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Honestly I don't want to tamper with it because if anything goes wrong I will get the blame! :(

Who reckons it actually is the EV?I will be able to a full diagnosis on Thursday or Wednesday.

I am a 13 year old.

Since I was around 8 years old I have been very interested in HVAC, I have done a lot of research since then and have come a long way. I want to become a Gas engineer who installs things like weather compensation, every engineer we called to do our heating advised against it. The engineer that we got to do our heating said:

"Run the boiler at 82 degrees"

I said:

"It won't condense much then will it"?

He said:

"As long as you have your 11 degree diffrential it will condense"

What rubbish.

This might sound stupid but my friend had the same problem. It turned out the the loop filling valve wasn't closed properly and the kept increasing the pressure slowly over a period. worth a check :?:

I have no wish to take over Agile Tony's good work, he was one of the few who bothered to advise me on my boiler problem.

I'm no expert, I wouldn't be on this forum if I was. My post was genuine and sincere, should have said the valve was faulty instead of not closing properly. . . .

I am only 13
You can do it with a bicycle pump! Needs the larger, car sized end on the flexy bit.

After bleeding out water everything seems to be working fine.
I think it might have been my fault, because I had bled a few radiators and pressurised to 1.2 bar cold. I didn't realise the pressure rises so much when turned on. The pressure is now how it used to be at 0.8 to around 1.0 bar cold. 2 bar hot pressure. I think the pressure rises so much because of the huge radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back