Vaillant Turbomax problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My Grans 9 year old Vaillant Turbomax VUW 282 is playing up; the pressure rises until it hits just above 3 which causes the PRV to open until the pressure drops to about 2.8, I have tried draining water off until the pressure goes to 1 bar but within a few hours its back on 3 and 2.8 and so on... I rarely see the boiler but the last two times I went there the pressure seemed to be stuck on 3 and it goes down slightly when you use the hot water but then goes back on 3, it doesn't seem to be going just over 3 so the PRV opens like what was happening before.

I recall last winter when I bled a radiator and topped the boiler up to 1.2 bar the pressure raised up to 3 bar when the system was running; I drained some water and it seemed to work fine after that.

Can anyone shed any light?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
EV all sorted but now the diverter valve is playing up :(

Appears to be getting stuck at times in the mid position (water gets luke warm and radiators heat up), it has apparently done it once last month and once this month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back