Vaillant Turbomax vs Worcester Greenstar i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant turbomax 28kw which is working fine but gives the occasional trouble.What is does is reaches its temperature very quick if and then turns off.It only happens on heating demand.If i select the control knob on 3/4 of the system it says 72 degrees on the display.The boiler then starts and the temperature rises very quickly on lcd.The boiler then turns off and starts again after few minutes.I have no issues otherwise as pcb was changed just last week( a reconditioned one off ebay with a year's warranty)

The gas safe engineer who changed the part said he can get a Worcester fitted and supplied for £1000 but said that the old one is good enough so it is up to me to make my mind up.

What are the thoughts on this please.Is it worth it as the present one will probably last me another 10 years as it has regular maintenance except the above problem.I have discussed it with the engineer and he did not know what was causing it so recommended a new one.

Sponsored Links
Find someone else...why would you take the advice of someone that doesn't want to do a repair.
Sounds like a straightforward fault...

said he can get a Worcester fitted and supplied for £1000
Which Worcester, as already advised get someone who knows how to fix your boiler, if it is indeed the boiler, could be a flow restriction in the system so changing the boiler will not do anything

Thanks.He has quoted fitting worcester greenstar 30i.
I did ask him if my boiler needs servicing as i had it in August last year and he said he looked inside the Magnaflow and the water is clean.Would the money be well spend if he changes the combi and drains it all and refills it.Is there any other way to check flow restriction.Generally house is warm and hot water is ok too.

Sponsored Links
He is not supplying and fitting a Worcester Greenstar 30i for £1000 the boiler to buy is more expensive than that, get someone that knows what they are doing , it could be a boiler problem we cant guess what is wrong, it could be a system problem we just dont know, all I know is you have a circulation problem

Is this the same T'max Plus with all the circulation problems from a few years ago?

@Gasguru: Yes the boiler is turbomax plus 828e. Wonder how long it will last as last engineer who serviced it said it is working fine parts are easier to source on ebay.

I have just phoned the engineer who said he is going to fit the boiler for £1000 with 2 year warranty. He is gas safe registered. When i asked him why so cheap he said he believes in honest decent priced work and also gets a kickback from worcester. He has already installed 18 of these last month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back