VAILLANT - VCW GB 242 EH Boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Anyone know where I might find the expansion vessel on this little beauty. I have just moved into a place and the above boiler was already there with no sign of a manual. I am getting pressures up to three bar when going full tilt although it is a more civilized 2 bar at half output. I have found thus far that I need to check to see there is 10psi in the EV when the system is drained down but cannot identify the part.

If it is exterior to the boiler then where is the most likely position for it, normally they are just before the pressure relief valve no?

I have had a look inside and the only thing that resembles the EV is the air intake unit towards the rear on the RHS.

Sponsored Links
Isnt there a reddish thing towards the back?

What is this air intake unit?

Tony

Cheers Kevplumb, I will have a look tonight.

The air intake is not really the right term, not sure what it does but it somehow allows air in but not water out. I have no idea what it does as it doesnt seem to be connected to anything and resembles an, albiet small, expansion valve.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back