Vaillant VRT360f DO NOT BUY!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I vave a 1 year old Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28 boiler fitted with a very unfriendly VRT 360f room thermostat. I have read the instruction manual, I have called vaillant and we went through the set up together with some ignorant person over the other side of the line...It is not possible to increase the temp! It usually shows 21 degrees, even if I increase it to 26 it will remain like that!
Anyone knows of any simple on/off switch with a simple display so I can just set the temperature I want and that's it? It has to be something simple, no programmes whatsoever just on/off and a number and wireless if possible.
My family is getting sick as a result of the very unsefull piece of vaillant

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
My family is getting sick as a result of the very unsefull piece of vaillant

Many Thanks

Why not just set it up with the temperature profile you want across the week and then leave it to get on with it. Is 26° your normal room temperature?

because I cannot move up the temp from 21 or 21.5 degrees! the thermostat is working on its own and I cannot control the room temp I want. Vaillant could not help, the polish guy who installed the thing did not help, reading comments on this forum it looks like a very bad choice to go for this thermostat...

Sponsored Links
When you turn it up to 26 you have set the temp to 26 but the display will go back to 20 because that is what the room is sitting at. It displays room temp not set temp. But the room temp should start to rise given a chance.

Have you got thermostatic valves in the room with the VRT?
Are the rads hot all the time.
Have you got the boiler temp set to max? (Knob on boiler itself)

Had mine for a couple of years now. Seems to work perfectly alough I basically just have the heating on all the time and use it to adjust to a comfy temp. I must get around to reading the instructions and setting it up properly to get better efficiency.
PS I can turn mine up all the way to 30.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back