vaillant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to a job where flat roof was being converted to a pitch.boiler is an eco tec plus . The vertical flue extension i got was white steel outer and plastic inner. The terminal section i removed to extend was steel outer and galvanised inner. question is, has someone fitted a standard vertical flue to a condenser or is this just an earlier version.

Sponsored Links
Did you confirm that its a condensing boiler?

I note that you have not put the boiler model in the heading as expected!

Tony

ecoTEC plus is a condensing boiler.

There have been two designs of flue for this boiler, it used to use the flue from their ecoMAX range but it was updated a few years ago.

Ecomax and ecotec plus have always had plastic inner flues as far as I am aware.

The difference between the two flue dseigns that Simon mentions is the the older one had a flue elbow off the boiler that was approx 1" higher than the new one and the outside terminal was a different design. (standard flues only).

It sounds to me on the face of it that a non Vaillant product has been used, perhaps an old turbomax flue or something.

I would chuck it and buy the correct current vertical flue assembly.

Sponsored Links
The existing install was done on the eager grant scheme.ill have to double check on monday with vaillant before i report.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back