Vailliant Ecotec pro 28 tubes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could the tubes in a Valliant eco tec pro 28 still block if the system was clean and had inhibitor in. If it was 8 years old but was topped up with inhibitor every 18 months could they still get abit blocked with wear ?

Sponsored Links
Could the tubes in a Valliant eco tec pro 28 still block if the system was clean and had inhibitor in. If it was 8 years old but was topped up with inhibitor every 18 months could they still get abit blocked with wear ?
depends how you cleaned it in the first place , especially when you've had F75 ;)

depends how you cleaned it in the first place , especially when you've had F75 ;)
It was flushed when first installed and has had inhibitor in every 18 months. I had F75 but could get on by topping up. I called my Swinton insurance who sent a engineer out on Christmas eve who tried to say it was the vessel. This was before he even took cover off. Exact words "Its the vessel and your insurance does not cover it. Then I stated I believe it is the sensor as it comes on when topped up. and manual explains this He said he cleaned sensor and left. 1 hr after he left it went off again, this time with F73 which is definetely sensor. I phoned insurance and they said the engineer has put down contaminated system so not covered as tubes was hard. I decided to have a look myself. I noticed water by sensor, I isolated boiler and drained. I have removed sensor and the engineer has on purpose removed the rubber o ring on sensor so water would leak onto it and completely break it. He obviously didnt want this job on Christmas eve and has completely ruined my chrismas with a 1 year old and a 6 year old. Would of took 10 mins to replace sensor but instead he lied. My system water is clean and he never tested water just said tubes are hard. Without lying they are a little but this is not when sensor failed, I do not believe.

Looking at it you cannot get these tubes anymore and it was a common fault.

It was flushed when first installed and has had inhibitor in every 18 months. I had F75 but could get on by topping up. I called my Swinton insurance who sent a engineer out on Christmas eve who tried to say it was the vessel. This was before he even took cover off. Exact words "Its the vessel and your insurance does not cover it. Then I stated I believe it is the sensor as it comes on when topped up. and manual explains this He said he cleaned sensor and left. 1 hr after he left it went off again, this time with F73 which is definetely sensor. I phoned insurance and they said the engineer has put down contaminated system so not covered as tubes was hard. I decided to have a look myself. I noticed water by sensor, I isolated boiler and drained. I have removed sensor and the engineer has on purpose removed the rubber o ring on sensor so water would leak onto it and completely break it. He obviously didnt want this job on Christmas eve and has completely ruined my chrismas with a 1 year old and a 6 year old. Would of took 10 mins to replace sensor but instead he lied. My system water is clean and he never tested water just said tubes are hard. Without lying they are a little but this is not when sensor failed, I do not believe.

In doing this he could of now I believe broke the sensor hall to.

Looking at it you cannot get these tubes anymore and it was a common fault.

Sponsored Links
Water is supposed to go in the sensor.
Without the oring water would be ****ing out of it immediately.

All insurance companies do this. You have been wasting you're money since you took out the policy.

Why/how was inhibitor added every 18 months.

Water is supposed to go in the sensor.
Without the oring water would be ****ing out of it immediately.

All insurance companies do this. You have been wasting you're money since you took out the policy.

Why/how was inhibitor added every 18 months.
I was advised to top up inhibitor every 18 months, How , through towel radiator in bathroom.

This is a picture the engineer sent to insurance of sensor to say my system is contaminated. Does the water look dirty coming out the sensor hole ? . Plus he never took much care not to get water anywhere else.

Attachments

• Sensor.jpg
    Sensor.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 229
Has the pressure sensor reading been checked for accuracy??

Has the pressure sensor reading been checked for accuracy??
No he never done nothing like that he was just saying to me he was ordering a part and it will be fixed next day. Then next day come and no one called, so i phoned swinton and they said engineer has wrote contaminated water so not covered.

Also this is not possible now as he robbed the o ring . I am picking another sensor up in morning to put in.

Could the sensor hall be damaged if water got on it or will that be fine now it dried out. It got abit of water on the connection what pushes int he sensor cause he took o ring ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back