Valiant eco tech condensate flexi pipe leak

I honestly don’t mind paying that if that is the going rate. I was simply just checking if I should get another quote or not. I’d like to clarify I’m not being cheap, I’m not cutting costs, I’m not attempting to do it myself and I’m not being a bad mother i simply just wanted a second opinion on cost that was all. Just didn’t seem like an involved job to me and the part wasn’t that expensive but if that’s really how much the job costs then it’s fine.

Sponsored Links
I dont know who you had to look initially, but especially if one of the franchised companies, a second opinion from an independent may be worthwhile.

Bear in mind though, whilst the part itself may not be expensive, whoever fits it is then responsible for checking the safe operation of the boiler, and all the associated checks that have to be done with any gas related job, as it's their neck on the block if something later goes wrong. Allow for time to fit part, test, paperwork, as well as obtaining the part and all the paperwork required, it soon adds up. :(

Also boiler is switched off I only put it on for hot water.
The boiler is equally dangerous in hot water and heating mode.
Switch it off completely and use the immersion heater for hot water.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I’m not sure I have an immersion heater. I’ve just been turning it on in the morning for washes and then turning it off and boiling the kettle for the rest. Will this be alright or is this still dangerous. On an unrelated note why would vaillant use such a crappy pipe for something so dangerous?

Great idea. Thanks I could use boiler cover well. I’ve scared myself stupid on this forum reading about carbon monoxide. The annual service sounds good .

I’ve scared myself stupid on this forum reading about carbon monoxide

You've missed the comments on BG then :LOL:

In all seriousness, find yourself a friendly local independent RGI and tell him what you need and ask if he'll fit it along with a boiler service. It will be cheaper and serve you better in the future than a policy with a big company.

I would add that to change it, it's easier with the burner section removed so a new seal kit would be needed aswell even so 250 is expensive if that's all he's doin.

Be an hours labour for me plus rrp for the part which is about 30 quid.

Great idea. Thanks I could use boiler cover well. I’ve scared myself stupid on this forum reading about carbon monoxide. The annual service sounds good .
Boiler cover will cost you more than it saves, and there are plenty of threads on here complaining about "I've been paying in for X years and now I need them they won't cover me" and poor service. Just get a reccomended local independent chappy (or chappess) in to sort it for you.

Thanks for the replies. Been internet bashing ‍♀️again the pipe with the trap is actually £25. Don’t agree that people should pay whatever the quote is. Not fair to rip people off . I’m not trying to cut corners just trying to avoid paying more than I need too. Also boiler is switched off I only put it on for hot water.

Just ask friends who they use and get another price. It's always good to have a local contact you can trust. It's how I get all my new business and my regular customers also ring me for recommendations for other trades, which I'm happy to give them :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back