1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Valiant Ecotec 824e Firing Up When Not Needed

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by iamlee2002, 10 Jan 2011.

1. iamlee2002

iamlee2002

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, ive recently modernised the bathroom not finished yet though. I have noticed something unusual, If i flush the toilet or run the cold tap (opened fully so fast flow) when the water stops flowing (tap closed) the boiler fires up then i get a "pump over run" status code.
    Any ideas? i havent crossed the piping, however i have put 2 isolating valvles near the boiler.

One on the 22mm coming out of boiler supplying hot water taps

Other is on 15mm cold feed after the boiler inlet.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Do you think when i close the tap then the water tries to push back into boiler and this causes it to try and disperse it?

any help will be greatly appreciated as im baffled

thanks in advance

2. Sponsored Links
  3. mickyg

mickyg

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    dead leg. put it in search.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local