Valiant Or Viessmann Boiler

Sponsored Links
Viessmann I think... I have one in my house. Never been impressed with Valiant.

In the end I bought a mains eco compact boiler for £480 and flue for 70 which is pretty cheap

not installed it yet but I have the box in the house. Intergas rapid was also available for same price but I chose the main in the end

I’m so glad I did not go for something more expensive

cost to install is £600 which sounds high for a straight swap and powerflush. Can I do any diy to make this cheaper?

Id be a little concerned.. £600 seems very cheap for London.
Even if its a small flat I would allow one day for a good a proper powerflush with fitting new valves on rads for a more successful flush. and a day fitting and commissioning the boiler and controls.

Be sure he does Powerflush as some will blag it.

The Capital is full of shoddy tradesmen..... be very careful and choose right.

Wow that's quite a turnaround from your first thread to the end of this thread

£600 for install and power flush is cheap, for a powerflush alone people charge £600

Sponsored Links
I paid £600 for my boiler to be installed (I was going to buy the boiler but they also bought that for me about £80 cheaper than I could have got it anywhere else). British Gas wanted £600 as their standard fee for just supplying scaffolding or a tower just to go up and slip a trim ring on the flue - that was in addition to the boiler fitting price so I considered my fitted price a bargain. My bloke just went up a ladder - took him less than 5 minutes.

Wow that's quite a turnaround from your first thread to the end of this thread

£600 for install and power flush is cheap, for a powerflush alone people charge £600

I charge £400 minimum. and and Im still half price of BG

I paid £600 for my boiler to be installed (I was going to buy the boiler but they also bought that for me about £80 cheaper than I could have got it anywhere else). British Gas wanted £600 as their standard fee for just supplying scaffolding or a tower just to go up and slip a trim ring on the flue - that was in addition to the boiler fitting price so I considered my fitted price a bargain. My bloke just went up a ladder - took him less than 5 minutes.

Run
:eek:

Most customers have no idea what a decent installation involves....swapping out a boiler in a day rarely results in a quality job.
Powerflushing is largely a pointless exercise unless the TRVs are removed and replaced with normal valves (TRVs are very restrictive).
Most properties certainly London flats require all the rad valves to be replaced as they'll leak as soon as turned.

Most customers have no idea what a decent installation involves....swapping out a boiler in a day rarely results in a quality job.
Before my boiler was swapped, I removed all my rads, gave them a good shake, filled, repeated the process and physically flushed them out in the garden until completely clear. I then filled and run the system, drained, refilled with x400, left for a few days and then gave it several flushes. Two installers came round and removed my old boiler, fitted the new one using the same flue hole, connected the gas, flow and return pipes plus connected it to the controller. They started around 9.00 and were finished around 3.00. Filled in some installation/commissioning form, showed me how it worked etc. Personally I think they dragged the job out to justify the £600 they charged not that I would have been bothered if they had finished at 12.00 - I’d agreed the price and was happy with it. All done, registered it with Vaillant for me to get the 7 years guarantee and sorted it with building control or whoever gas safe register it with. What else could/should they have done to make it a quality job?

Before my boiler was swapped, I removed all my rads, gave them a good shake, filled, repeated the process and physically flushed them out in the garden until completely clear. I then filled and run the system, drained, refilled with x400, left for a few days and then gave it several flushes. Two installers came round and removed my old boiler, fitted the new one using the same flue hole, connected the gas, flow and return pipes plus connected it to the controller. They started around 9.00 and were finished around 3.00. Filled in some installation/commissioning form, showed me how it worked etc. Personally I think they dragged the job out to justify the £600 they charged not that I would have been bothered if they had finished at 12.00 - I’d agreed the price and was happy with it. All done, registered it with Vaillant for me to get the 7 years guarantee and sorted it with building control or whoever gas safe register it with. What else could/should they have done to make it a quality job?

I think it largely depends,

my boiler install ended up taking 3 days, it should have been pretty much a straight swap with some small extras like the expansion vessel being moved to a suitable place, an evo home with opentherm being installed, new 3-way valve, magnetic filter removed from airing cupboard, air relief valves changed (was heavily corroded) and due to the boiler being smaller than the old unit a board had to be fitted to the wall and then various pipework changed to suit, condensate pipe moved, system flushed through with fresh water ( all the radiators bar 1 were new, and i had system cleaner running in there for 4 months) and then the system was filled with softened water as per latest german regs.

Exactly I m not sure if people on here are being funny but my hubby was saying 600 for one days job sounds bloody great

The boiler is going to be a straight swap and there is already a flue hole - There a bit of pipework that needs doing but nothing major - I expect the gas man to install the powerflush machine drink tea then swap the boilers over and do a bit of soldering before going home - Hardly difficult

Would have tried it myself if it wasnt for the whole gas safe engineer business

The boiler is going to be a straight swap and there is already a flue hole - There a bit of pipework that needs doing but nothing major - I expect the gas man to install the powerflush machine drink tea then swap the boilers over and do a bit of soldering before going home - Hardly difficult
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Viessmann are overrated, overcomplex, have poor backup (and few will want to look at it), have extortionate parts prices (when the warranty is voided) and the spares are not readily available (certainly not in London).
I'm sure muggles will come down to London though...:)
Same could be said of Vaillant...defo over rated over complex mad spares prices.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back