Valliant EcoMax 835/2e F(in) codes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some advice on my relativly new condensor system. I'm a novice DIY so apologies if i appear completely dumb! the plumber who completed the job has now emigrated so any advice would be really appreciated.

I had the above fitted 12 months ago together with a single 300L cylinder to replace the previous 2 150 cylinders serving 2 parts of the house (one was 'bolted' onto the system when the extension was put up).
Last year I had the system flushed and new therm controls on all rads. I have 22 rads. Gravity fed system, tank in roof, boiler on 1st floor.

All was working fine, but the boiler kept switching off with Fault code F22 listed. i get round this now because about every 2 weeks I have to manually top up the system by turning a lever on a pipe. I hear water come into the system, the Bar reading increases to about 1.5 to 2 and I turn the lever off again. System works fine but over a few weeks the pressure drops again.

Can anyone suggest why I could be losing pressure in the system?

Kind regards,

Theo.

Sponsored Links
Either a leak or a leak!!!!!!! this could be anything from aleak on a pipe or more probably leaking rad valves , they dont need to leak much to drop your pressure.

Check the METAL pipe which goes out through the wall, for a wet end/drips.

Thanks gents.
gor blimey, I hope there isnt a leak, this new system cost me an arm and a leg. I've looked at the metal pipe that goes out of the wall and it doesn't feel wet. Mind you I haven't got my step ladder out and climbed up on the outside wall to take a look. should I?

I've checked each therm valve and a few of them were slightly loose. what I mean is that the metal ring at its base (the one with the cross thread round it for gripping) was loose so I twisted it by hand to tighten it. I didn't feel any water round the pipes tho.

The copper piping in the loft and the where the pipes where the boiler is, is covered in green gunky stuff which has pretty much dried up now over the last 12 months. It happened just after the system was installed. Could this be anything to do with it?

Also, I have 3 power showers in the house. The pumps are in the loft. Sometimes, when my wife and I have simualtaneous showers (steady on lads..), in two different rooms, her shower dries up and the pump whines as if running dry. She turns off the shower, waits a few minutes and its fine for a five or so minutes more. Once, I tried the hot tap in the same bathroom and the water dried up too. I know for a fact that theres ample hot water in the cylinder too. wierd!

The point of this rambling story is whether the two are interconnected. Maybe the water tank is not filling up quickly enough which is having a detrimental effect on water pressure? Gawd, its all a little complicated to me to be honest.

What do you gents think?

Theo.

Sponsored Links
whether the two are interconnected.
No.

The shower problem is because the feed tank in the loft is not big enough to meet the water demand when running the power showers. You need to add an extra tank to increase capacity - not to difficult if you've got the space.

The heating system pressure drop is down to leakage somewhere - check the automatic air vent in the boiler and the "lockshield valve" (opposite end to TRV) spindles.

thanks, I'll look into it. To be honest, I don't understand the second half of your last sentenance. you might as well have said it in french for all my plumbing knowledge.

I guess I'll have to get a plumber out for more cash...sob......

TRV is the Thermostatic Radiator Valve where you've been tighnening nuts - (which don't hold water at all!)
Auto air vent - see reference section/

By "metal pipe which goes through the wall" I meant the 15mm copper one by the way, not the flue, which is also metal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back