Valliant f75 fault and no water in filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have just moved in to a new flat with a valliant Eco tech plus which is displaying f75.

The water pressure is fine, 1.9, but I tried topping up with the filling loop as someone had mentioned that this worked for them but nothing happened. Opened both valves and no noise of water moving or any change in the pressure.

We have water to the taps and to the other appliances.

I know the boiler was serviced before we moved in, but probably hasn't been used since.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks Leesa [/list]

Sponsored Links
Your boiler is not picking up the movement in water by the pump and is shutting down accordingly. Can be caused by a few things and depends on how lucky you are. If your really unlucky the pump has gone, but as you said that it hasnt been used for a while its more likely that the Water pressure sensor has gone faulty/seized up. A cheap part to replace, but one in which you need to know what your doing or you will flood your house.

You have apparently two faults!

The boiler is giving a F75 fault code which is relatively easy for an engineer to repair in most cases.

The boiler is apparently not filling. This could be because of a fault but might just be that its already filled up to 1.9 bar which is the same as the water supply pressure.

Tony Glazier

If the pump is spinning and you have pressure check the guage not the display. Then best bet would be the pressure sensor is blocked or faulty. Not hard to check. Simply isolate the boiler flow/return then use the drain valves on the flow and return valves. Once your happy its drained and if you have the ecotec with the black rubber hoses; you may want to check that they are not blocked. Bottom left of boiler you'll see the sensor black green and white wire attached. Remove clip and pull, best doing with the wire disconnected. And have some kitchen roll underneath it. Once removed using a small driver to clean sensor. Reconnect and on display you should have 0 bar. If you still have 1.9 then it's new sensor price about 20 quid. If sensor just blocked then I would put some cleaner in x400 or x800.

Nath

Sponsored Links
If the pump is spinning and you have pressure check the guage not the display. Then best bet would be the pressure sensor is blocked or faulty. Not hard to check. Simply isolate the boiler flow/return then use the drain valves on the flow and return valves. Once your happy its drained and if you have the ecotec with the black rubber hoses; you may want to check that they are not blocked. Bottom left of boiler you'll see the sensor black green and white wire attached. Remove clip and pull, best doing with the wire disconnected. And have some kitchen roll underneath it. Once removed using a small driver to clean sensor. Reconnect and on display you should have 0 bar. If you still have 1.9 then it's new sensor price about 20 quid. If sensor just blocked then I would put some cleaner in x400 or x800.

Nath

Do you really think that you should be advising a DIYer to open the combustion chamber on their boiler?

Inappropriate advice in my opinion!

Tony

So what about say an electrician wiring the boiler? They remove the outer casing to wire the boiler! I had this conversation whilst on a vaillant course and that's the reply I got. Also in the mi's there is no mention off the outer case been part off the combustion case, that I can see. If i'm wrong then I sincerely apologise Tony, I really hope I have not upset you. To the poster don't listen to me listen to Tony he's the bestest!

nath

Whilst not the combustion chamber in the traditional sense, it does affect the boiler's combustion when removed or not fitted properly, so strictly speaking, it shouldn't be removed by a DIY'er.

If an electrician is wiring the boiler, then it will need to be checked by an RGI as part of the commissioning process anyway. If the boiler is already commissioned then the electrician shouldn't be touching that part of it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back