Valliant VCW 242 E More leaks! - Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help.

After the Secondary exchnager failed. I got someone to replace that for me at a cost of £250.00 :mad:

When the guy changed the part, he did not install the other bits, looks like a flat rubber with the bronze metal insert washer.

He said 99% of the time He those parts do not need to be replaced
Now the boiler has started to leak from another location

I will describe it to you,
Looking from the front, where the secndary heatexchnager is, next to it it has 3 wires (safety i think) wires. follow them up and they lead to a orangish bung.. the water is trickling down that bung,

Whats above that ?
The boiler seems to be running - well sort of, when u turn the tap on.. after 20 secs or so it makes a bang :oops:

It then shuts down :cry:

Help me PLEASE

Sponsored Links
sound like the main heatexchanger is leaking or the flow pipe has been disturbed when the dhe was fitted, the parts that were left over never get fitted as it takes alot longer to fit them in the diverter valve. the leak is in the combustion chamber

would recomend the bioler is not used, get back the firm that fitted the dhe

HI

when replacing any part on the boiler if one is not carefull other parts can be damaged or water can start to leak .
get him back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back