Van hire dispute

geta solicitors letter done and sent to their head office, for a small fee it normally does the trick as it shows youre not messing around

Sponsored Links
Thermo's right...probably easiest way....although Slogger option is strangely tempting. ;)

If it were me, I'd demand the money back put in writing. Send it recorded delivery or at least registered post. If they don't do this immediately, threaten them with legal action, with writing to your local newspaper, Watchdog, The Sunday Times (great link Pip!) who are looking into these sorts of false charges, your MP and anyone else who might fight on your behalf or put the fear of God up them! Just kick up such a stink they'll want to refund you the money or know they'll be in for some stick. If they don't give you your money back, write those letters and follow them up with a phone-call if you don't hear back, then get the solicitor involved.

By the sounds of it, you've been given the runaround. If that's the case, your highlighting this will hopefully hit them where it hurts, with loss of business, inform others of these sorts of dodgy practices and hopefully your money back.

noodlz said:
Thermo's right...probably easiest way....although Slogger option is strangely tempting. ;)

If it were me, I'd demand the money back put in writing. Send it recorded delivery or at least registered post. If they don't do this immediately, threaten them with legal action, with writing to your local newspaper, Watchdog, The Sunday Times (great link Pip!) who are looking into these sorts of false charges, your MP and anyone else who might fight on your behalf or put the fear of God up them! Just kick up such a stink they'll want to refund you the money or know they'll be in for some stick. If they don't give you your money back, write those letters and follow them up with a phone-call if you don't hear back, then get the solicitor involved.

By the sounds of it, you've been given the runaround. If that's the case, your highlighting this will hopefully hit them where it hurts, with loss of business, inform others of these sorts of dodgy practices and hopefully your money back.
It really would be great if you could **** them off so much that they had to beg you to take your money back :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
send slogger round to see them :LOL:

You jest, but a similar thing happened with me when I hired a van.

After trying many avenues, my brother and I (we are both well over 6 feet tall and not puny) paid them a little visit last thing on a Friday, and we all had a 'nice little chat'. Money was refunded and I cancelled the card that evening.

I always pay for stuff where there is even the slightest amount of risk on credit card. The few times I have had to use it, both BarclayCard and Capital One have been excellent.

ask where the 10 packs of laminate flooring have gone,What you forgot to take out of the van when you parked it up....Make it that real dear stuff... ;)

Thanks for the advice guys, I will try various options and will keep you posted.

Of course with such an 'easy' conduit for dosh... Criminal element must be involved..

Just thought !! A job for Bob.Dole !! Hang around outside the hire offices, with video-cam .. become a pro witness - for a fee !! On the other hand, maybe not.
:D

Always worth checking the vehicle before you drive off as well. I hired a car in Sardinia a few years ago and the girl on the desk at the airport gave me the keys, told me that the car had been checked and where it was parked so off we went. After driving for an hour we stopped and I noticed that the front bumper was smashed in quite badly on one corner and it was definately nothing I had done. When we returned the car a different girl asked me if the car was ok and I told her it was as good as when we had collected it and so she charged the hire to my card and then cancelled the card details and off we went. Never heard another word.

call and see them face to face to assess the damage or repair, this is a con, they should of been there to go around the van and check it but it seems more money can be made by hiding and bill later. I would be round there to put every customer of hiring anything, stand there with a placard it you have to. chewing gum in the locks may cost them a couple of quid if they cant get the gates open :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back