Van service

Full service then next one should be oil and filter only.
You can go oil and filter twice then full service tbh.

Depends on milage.

Other thing isn't no standard for service. Some swap oils and coolant while others don't, so that can make a difference to if its worth doing. It's a bread and butter easy earner for garage's that can over charge for it.

I'll be insistant that all be it I realise a half service may suffice, I want the works as I need it to last another 2 or 3 years.

I'll ask them is it a full service. I know one of the chaps so hopefully they will do what they should.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Simple to diagnose - drive in tight circles to the left, then to the right. If worn they tick and click.

I tried that but I never seemed to get anywhere and it píssed off the motorists behind me.

Last edited:
Maybe Mottie, could open his workshop to all local Diy Not members. Bit extra money for Mottie, with everyone getting a proper job done!

Andy

As you have discovered, typical CV joint failure manifests itself by a clacking noise on full steering. The wear may be due to a split rubber boot or just age.
If they are noisy then have them replaced, but it's not vital to do them both at the same time.
John :)

As you have discovered, typical CV joint failure manifests itself by a clacking noise on full steering. The wear may be due to a split rubber boot or just age.
If they are noisy then have them replaced, but it's not vital to do them both at the same time.
John :)

Thanks John

I'll see how much they are. Think I'll have em Donna same time. I'm sure it will have some sort of knock-on.

You might like to ask what sort of service is needed for your semi automatic transmission......I have no knowledge of these whatsoever.
John

Sponsored Links
Back