varilight remote control touch dimmer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have been using a Varilight IDQi401MS remote control dimmer switch with a single 100w GLS bulb for about a year without issue. However I have just replaced the single 100w light fitting with a chandelier taking 5x 40w E14 bulbs and have developed a puzzling problem. The touch panel on the dimmer functions perfectly, on, off, dim to level of desire etc. The remote will switch the lights on or off but when trying to dim the lights go all they way down then all the way up again, continuing to fully on even after remote button released. The dimmer is stated to be good for up to 400w and is functioning fine by touch anyway. I have tried using the Varilight remote, my Logitech harmony (which functioned perfectly with the old light), have tried reprogramming everything and still the problem remains. No response from varilight via email or phone so far. Apologies for long post, hoping someone can help solve this puzzle for me. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Varilight are slow replying to emails, but I always was OK phoning them, if you try repeatedly during their limited opening hours.

They have always sorted out issues I've had....

When I emailed them, it took a week to get a reply

Still no joy and no response from varilight. Perhaps this mystery is not solveable? :(

No response still from varilight and they don't seem to answer the phone (not during the last 30 or so times I've tried).
Does anybody have any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
My Varilight switched lights dim down and up when pressed 6 times to enter a 'learn new code' routine.
I also have a Logitech harmony and I had trouble once after a software update.
Have you tried to reprogram the switch, using a spare button on any (random) remote, and then getting your Logitech harmony to learn that code?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back