varilight remote dimmer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i bought a varilight 2 gang remote dimmer, but cannot make it work by touch control. It will work with the remote, but will not work as described in the instructions.

i have checked that the live is in the right terminal, it's earthed well, but will not work by touch control. i tried disconnecting and holding for 2 seconds to initialise ( as stated in the instructions ), but no joy

i bought 2 of them and they are both the same.

can anyone help ?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried explaining the prob to varilight technical?

only bought them today, just thought it may be a common silly problem that someone knew about. The instructions mention connecting the live's together, why would you do this ?

Sponsored Links
Just had a look at instructions on varyilight dimmer and it does not suggest you dis-connect anything.
The comment about the 'lives' refers to a situation when you have more than one switch and using short wires to connect the live terminals together. All this means is there is no need to run a long 'live' wire to every switch when in a gang. Just run one long 'live' to one switch and feed the other switch or switches from the first one with short linking wires.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back