Varilight remote dimmer - two way 2x400w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one Varilight remote dimmer, two way 2x400w for use as simple switser (on/off) for 40 x GU10 3w Led bulbs.The switser has 2 gang.1 for control 20x3w bulbs and the other gang to control the other 20x3w bulbs.That is what i want to do,but is not so easy.... When i connect one led bulb to the switser to test the operation it doesn't work very well...The switser can dimm the bulb but can't turn off the bulb.I tap it one time but it does nothing.

I read the instructions and saw - Minimum Load - 40 watts - Is this a problem and I can not turn off the lamp???? Please help.

Sponsored Links
I dont think your dimmer switch will work properly with LED lights.
Are your LED's dimmable or is it just standard lamps you have.
The minimum of 40w is for Incandescent lighting, not LED's (i think).

Led lights is dimmable.But I understood that I made error choice dimmer.Can you tell me where i can find a good led dimmer,and if they exist....remote led dimmers

Sponsored Links
But i don't unterstand.... In the site of the product (http://www.eco-lumix.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=58&flypage=flypage.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1) they say that : "Fully dimmable on almost any Commercial dimmer"

I found this : http://www.dmgt-ledlight.com/enshownews.asp?id=72

In short, the old-fashioned style of dimmer switch CAN be used with LED bulbs. The internal variable resistor in the dimmer switch simply reduces the amount of voltage available for the bulb which in turn reduces its brightness.
The new style of dimmer switch which turns the supply on and off CANNOT be used with 240V AC LED bulbs as it will seriously reduce their operational lifetime.

The conclusion is that i can use a old dimmer to do my job????

I ask from the led shop that i buy those leds to give information about dimming the leds and they told me that the best dimmer for me will be trailing dimmer. Then i search the net about trailing dimmers and i found that the dimmer i bought (varilight remote dimmer 400watt) is a trailing dimmer!!! I don't understand what the problem is???

Lem me be more specific about the problem...

I bought 106 GU10 3watt dimmable leds .I use 2 x VARILIGHT 2 GANG WHITE REMOTE AND TOUCH 2 x 400W DIMMER to dimming 20 leds per gang (2x20 + 2x20 = 80 leds total).Then i use 3 x FLAT PLATE WHITE REMOTE OR TOUCH LIGHT DIMMER SWITCH to dimming 6 leds with 1 gang,9 leds with other gang and 11 leds with the third gang.(6+9+11=26).
But then ....the problems started.....
When i dimming the 20 leds and reach the full brightness the gang is freezing and it doesn't work and the leds remain at full brightness.If i use the dimmer with small steps without reaching full brightness all works great but thats not that i want.Other problem is that when i turn on the lights,leds turn on with full brightness and rapidly goes to the level of brightness i let them

I found this : http://www.dmgt-ledlight.com/enshownews.asp?id=72

In short, the old-fashioned style of dimmer switch CAN be used with LED bulbs. The internal variable resistor in the dimmer switch simply reduces the amount of voltage available for the bulb which in turn reduces its brightness.
The new style of dimmer switch which turns the supply on and off CANNOT be used with 240V AC LED bulbs as it will seriously reduce their operational lifetime.

The conclusion is that i can use a old dimmer to do my job????

The so called old dimmer has never been used in a domestic situation, only for the theatre. The reason is to dim, say a 100w bulb, the dimmer would have to dissipate about 30w at half brightness and it would be far too hot to touch. Imagine a 30w bulb under your switch plate.

Yes,but i have only 20 led lights (20x3watt=60watt) to dimming per gang... 60 watt like one single bulb.

Sponsored Links
Back