Vauxall Zafira Clutch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can point me in the correct direction.

I need to buy a clutch kit for a 2003 vauxall zafira 2.0dti.

Am i correct in thinking that they can be brought as a 3 or 5 piece kit and if so what should i buy?

Hope someone can provide some advice.

Thanks

T Paling

Sponsored Links
This is a tricky situation, chances are its got a dual mass flywheel and you wont know if it needs replacing until you get the car stripped down.
Who will be replacing the clutch?

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

Myself and my father will be replacing the clutch. My father has replaced clutches before, but this was a number of years ago, but he is willing and sees it as a challenge.

Obviously, the key question is which clutch kit to buy, or do we strip it down first and see if it needs a dual flywheel?

Thanks again for your advice

T Paling

if it were mine and i could do without the car for a few days id strip it down first. You can then examine the dual mass flywheel and see if the wear tolerances are within the reccomended specifications (some internet searching will tell you this)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply again,

Can you recommend a clutch make or wbsite to buy one form. Obvioulsy, i will not be buying one untill it is stripped down to see if I need a flywheel or not.

Thanks

Tpaling

if it were mine and i could do without the car for a few days id strip it down first. You can then examine the dual mass flywheel and see if the wear tolerances are within the reccomended specifications (some internet searching will tell you this)

Yeah, if it wiggles too much then its knackered :D

Its probably a sub frame off job same as the Astra H`s on your Zafira, quite alot to take off but its not too taxing a job to do, bleeding the clutch can be fun but is often straight forward on Vauxhall`s, Renaults however are a different story!!

Back