vauxhall combo 1.7 dti

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just took this to mot station

i new it had problems with the handbrake but they just told me the brake pedel goes stright to the floor and they think the brake servo needs replacing but have to ask another mechinic

does anyone no what type of figure im looking at here.
and does the above sound right?

on driving the van it stops fine ect i did have a problem at one stage where the brake brake kept coming loose and the guy diddnt no why so i dont use him now so just carryed on driving it noise comes and goes(yes stupid i no but lost 3 days of work and diddnt fancy loosing more money)
also the new mechinic told me i highly recomened taking back to them!

Sponsored Links
ljrgas";p="2690216 said:
just took this to mot station

i new it had problems with the handbrake but they just told me the brake pedel goes stright to the floor and they think the brake servo needs replacing but have to ask another mechinic

does anyone no what type of figure im looking at here.
and does the above sound right?

on driving the van it stops fine ect i did have a problem at one stage where the brake brake kept coming loose and the guy diddnt no why so i dont use him now so just carryed on driving it noise comes and goes(yes stupid i no but lost 3 days of work and diddnt fancy loosing more money)
also the new mechinic told me i highly recomened taking back to them!

If the pedal goes straight to the floor then its one of two things.....either the brakes are crazily out of adjustment (possible if one of the rear shoes has failed, and the self adjusters don't work) or the master cylinder is kaput.
Its not a servo fault....this device purely applies mechanical (or rather pneumatic) assistance to the effort needed to press the brake pedal.
John :)

Thanks burnerman
well it wasnt the servo
it was the spring in the back drum again .
not all bad it only failed on 3
3 tyres
both front brakes
and the back spring kit? :oops:
to be honest i felt like a ****

3 new tyre and new brake god you can tell the differents in driving the beast..

tommrow some tax £215 :eek: and then they expect people to work :cry:

Sponsored Links
The rear brake springs are there to return and release the brake shoes after you have pressed the pedal, or pulled the handbrake....I thought it wouldn't be the servo!
Anyway, lets hope thats it van wise for a bit.....most of my profits seem to end up in the diesel tank these days :eek:
John :)

Back