VAUXHALL COMBO VAN..BRAKE LIGHTS KEEPS GOING OUT..help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 02 combo 1.7 dti van,the brake lights on my van when pressed sometimes work,and other times not,sometimes just one side works.i have to press the pedal and get someone to tap the side of the van to get the light to come on..i've cheched the bulbs and wires..im stuck on what to do next...please help..anyone...

Sponsored Links
Usually this is just due to the bulb holders being a bit slack or slightly corroded...its maybe a good idea to have the bulb cluster in your hand next time, and get someone to press the pedal when you waggle the offending bulb to see if it lights up. Often you can make the bulb tighter by bending the holder lugs slightly with pliers. Lights off, of course!
John :)

Usually this is just due to the bulb holders being a bit slack or slightly corroded...its maybe a good idea to have the bulb cluster in your hand next time, and get someone to press the pedal when you waggle the offending bulb to see if it lights up. Often you can make the bulb tighter by bending the holder lugs slightly with pliers. Lights off, of course!
John :)
thanks john.i'll try it.and fingers crossed it'll work..matt

Sponsored Links
Back