VCW GB 242 EH: HW doesn't switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I wonder if you can help me diagnose this problem.
I have a Vaillant VCW GB 242 EH.

It worked fine until recently when I've been having problems with the pressure and hot water. I'm not if they are related.

The pressure used to sit around 1 bar when cold and rise to about 1.5 when hot. Now it sits at around 2.5 and rises to just over 3. I tried bleeding some water out of the radiators until the pressure came back down to 1 but after firing up the boiler it returned to 2.5 when cold.

After using hot water the boiler remains on and continues to fire until the whole boiler is turned off. I don't think my boiler has any kind of stay warm option so as far as I can tell it's just wasting gas. CH is fine and switches off without problems.

The only thing I can think of that may have had some bearing on this is that the water was turned off at street level while some work was done not long before this started.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Theres a pin between the servo valve and the water section that could be sticking. Not many RGI's have the patience for these dinosaurs these days but search around and you should find one.
Reach over the back of the servo valve and push the cam down on the right hand side to stop the call for HW after you turned the tap off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back