Velux Centre pivot adjustment for wider opening?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there forum members,

I was wondering if it's please possible to get some advice about my new window installation for my ground floor extension.

We have had 2x centre pivot velux windows pit in on the new pitched roof, and just got the telescopic opening tool. When I open them both, they naturally close a bit, but I thought they were supposed to balance and sit level horizontally.

One of them almost makes it to being horizontal, but the other always closes up to the point where there is not much airflow.

Is there any adjustments that can be made, to increase the amount they stay open to?

I have taken some photos, so will try and post below in a second.

Sponsored Links
As you can see in the pictures below, one of the window's sit more open than the other.

Also took pictures of all the mechanisms I could see.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of what to adjust, or what I have missed, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Need to hang a weight on the handle to open it up more, the angle of the roof affects how open they stay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back