Velux pivot roof windows not staying open

Reaction score
Chaps

I have two newly installed Velux MK06 GGU PIVOT windows installed on my new extension. They look great but when I open them they don't stay in position. It's like there's no friction to keep them in place. Tried searching online but no joy. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Sponsored Links
Casa, good evening.

A couple of things.

1/. If you can why do you not contact the Builder asn ask him to come back and rectify?

OR?

2/. Use YouTube to find out how to adjust the friction hinge fitted to your windows?

Just a couple of thoughts?

Ken.

Thanks Ken. Got to get the builders back I think. Let's try that as a first port of call. Will keep you posted.

Sponsored Links
Problem solved. The windows were installed at 15 degrees. As they are pivot the weight of the window on that angle determines the friction. Velux have provided stronger springs to allow greater resistance at that angle. I just need to for them. Job done. Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back