Velux conservation windows vs normal Velux

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First off - I do not live in a conservation area. Neither is my building listed.
But it is an old black and white cottage with slate roof.

I like the idea that the Conservation Velux is low-profile by virtue of the 'recessed installation'. Can the normal Velux be mounted as a recessed installation as well? If so then I can't really see any benefit in the Conservation Velux.

Sponsored Links
No it can`t my friend. The position on the standard one is fixed to the level of the roof slates and tiles. At one time they were adjustable to suit slate or tile but it never gave you a low profile like the Conservation Skylight ..........it just complicated fitting them :LOL: The profile of the standard window is neat enough for most applications. Those Conservation style windows are imitating old cast iron skylights and deadlights.

They have a different profile and method of constuction.

Alex

There is a velux (not conservation) that sits lower than the normal standard window, check the velux website or call their tech support

Sponsored Links
We fitted a rooflight made by Fakro recently, and the fixing brackets could be fixed to the frame at three different heights, which raised or lowered the height above the roof/tiles. This meant that it could be fitted quite low to the roof tiles

It was a 'standard' model type, so have a look at the website and range. It was about £30 cheaper than an equivalent Velux model

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back