VELUX GPU MK08 adjustment/closure fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

One of 6 new velux GPU top pivot windows in attic does not close properly. The glass pane is not central in the window frame, so when we close window it is rubbing on one side of frame. The whole thing seems as if the pane is warped and twisted in respect of the frame. Does the glass pane need removing and reinstalling? (by pressing in the side pins)

These NEW 2014 windows have both a top pivot, and also a centre pivot mechanism to flip the pane and clean the outside glass. My concern is that somehow the window has been forced and is permanently damaged. :(

It's almost as if the top hinge itself is warped. Is there any top hinge adjustment possible?? Is it possible that one of the spring tensions has gone wrong? See this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJLB5ztSZwU

The fact the window can be top pivoted and also centre pivoted makes me think that a large glass pane could quite easily be twisted and damaged, as there is no fixed pivot bolts at the top most of the pane. In theory one could open the window at both the top and centre pivot points and thus cause a major misalignment is the glass was forced?

Any suggestions please? (ps yes I have made my builder aware of this and he will of course speak to the sub contractors who were working in the attic and possibly get the window installers back on site)

I am sure he will get this rectified but I am looking for some technical advice to try and assist with the problem. :(

Sponsored Links
You know far more about these windows than i do.

My limited experience is that crafty fitters sometimes substitute recycled for new.

Incorrect roof framing might allow point pressure, were adjoining rafters doubled up?

Or the frame was racked out due to an out of square tight opening and, as you say, forced in.

But i dont know, i only guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back