Velux roof windows

Longitudinal positioning is always relative to tile coursing (as Cat said) i.e. 2, 3, 4, courses up and so on.

Lateral positioning is a bit more tricky in that they have to be positioned between rafters or trimmed out openings.

In your case maybe..
I'd love to see how Data would position a series of 550mm (wide) Veluxes in a standard 600mm spaced truss rafter roof and be able to tile them in without slithers. Luck maybe. But if a slither occurs and no wriggle room?
Prey tell.

Sponsored Links
BTW I build my own roofs and tile them in.
jack of al trades? i have seen your verge pointing... mwhaaa!
What, you think you can build a roof, trimmers and all and build it so that a series of Velux window
The op question was does he just plonk them anywhere he wants. Instructions state work out positions up and down the rafter length not just as side ways

Nose those 550mm wide velux windows where made for a specific market ie truss roof's, so bringing those into the equation is not really relevant to people having extensions
built when most of them will be cut roof's.
Some times you are left with little choice but if you don't want it to look like a dogs dinner then some consideration is required.

Sponsored Links
Looks ok for a bricky :p but if you don't want your
aprons to stick out beyond the bottom of your tiles
you need to leave more of a gap between the bottom row
of tiles and the frame 80mm for those tiles and that
flashing kit.

Nose those 550mm wide velux windows where made for a specific market ie truss roof's, so bringing those into the equation is not really relevant to people having extensions
built when most of them will be cut roof's.
550mm wide Velux roof windows can be used on house extensions whether trusses or traditional timber roof construction :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back