Velux window blinds, real ones or compatible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been ordered to get some blinds for the Velux windows... have seen non genuine and velux ones when I had a quick look... anyone got any comments about either please?

TIA

Chibs

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What type of room are they for? if you go on the Velux .co.uk website you can use their configurator if you have the code off your data plate. ( found when you open the sash ) You will be surprised how many styles they have to choose from. The copies that I have seen are only basic and are not the same quality.

I bought some velux copies back in 2016 for the GL04 window, still working ok, cost was about £35 each.

I've just fitted a combined pleated blind/blackout blind to one of our Veluxes. Excellent fit and good quality item, if rather expensive (£130) - I was pleasantly surprised - so I ordered the same type of blind for the other window (partly because they were offering 20% off - they were having some sort of sale the week before last

Sponsored Links
Couple of copy's does the job of blocking the sun then open in winter when ya need the light
20220802_171854.jpg
20220802_171844.jpg

20220802_171854.jpg

Attachments

• 20220802_171844.jpg
    20220802_171844.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for this, they look better than I expected.

Also, looks like a DIY Kitchens kitchen, unless I'm mistaken?

The two 2014-vintage Velux windows in the house I bought in 2019 have pleated blinds. Pretty sure the blinds are Velux originals. They are OK but one has always been tricky to raise and lower - needs careful pressure exactly in the middle - and the other is fine. Windows are identical in size. Perhaps: go for any good blinds but fit with great care?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back