Vent Axia humidistat disabling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When new (2004) my flat was fitted with a Vent Axia fan over the hob. The fan sounds like a jet engine about to take off and it comes on whenever steam is detected. It seems if anything to be getting more sensitive. The fan has a wall switch, but it comes on whether the wall switch is off or on. It drives me mad, as it drowns out conversation, the radio, rational thought, the will to live. I'm not an experienced DIYer, especially with electrics. Do you think it would be possible for me to turn off the circuit that operates the fan, take the cover off the fan and disable the humidistat? Will I be able to find it easily. Do I risk impairing the use of the fan goverened by the on/off switch?

With many thanks for any advice,
EL

Sponsored Links
The switch on the wall will be an over-ride to allow you to switch the fan on if you need a boost.

You can change the humidity adjustment setting and that should sort your problem.
Look up the fan model number plus the word "instructions" on GOOGLE and you should find out where the adjustment is.

Or put the model number on here.

When new (2004) my flat was fitted with a Vent Axia fan over the hob. The fan sounds like a jet engine about to take off and it comes on whenever steam is detected. It seems if anything to be getting more sensitive. The fan has a wall switch, but it comes on whether the wall switch is off or on. It drives me mad, as it drowns out conversation, the radio, rational thought, the will to live. I'm not an experienced DIYer, especially with electrics. Do you think it would be possible for me to turn off the circuit that operates the fan, take the cover off the fan and disable the humidistat? Will I be able to find it easily. Do I risk impairing the use of the fan goverened by the on/off switch?

With many thanks for any advice,
EL

Hi I would be happy to help with your query about the humidistat, please could you post the model number or photo?

Thanks.

MacLean

Dear El

Vent-Axia would be more than happy to help you with your fan query. Please would you post the model number or a photo of your fan so that we know how best to advise you.

Thank you.

Vent-Axia

Sponsored Links
Dear Vent Axia,

Terribly sorry for not replying to your kind offer of help! I had changed my email address and had forgotten I'd not changed my DIY Not settings, so your reply to me was notified to a non-functional email address.

The unit is labelled: 'Vent Axia Centrif 250HP 256420A'
An additional label carries this number: 'A3603'

I've just done a search for an instruction manual (the housing association / builder did not provide this when the flat was purchased) and found this: www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/p3133662.pdf I hope this is what I need?

Many thanks for your offer of help. Best wishes, EL :oops:

Thanks so much for your quick, helpful and empathetic responses EFLImpudence and londonboy! I'll give that a go.

Happy now!
EL

Sooner than that, TTC: I have another thread running on another forum!

Thanks to all for expertise!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back