Vent-Axia Silhouette 100t ceiling fan - removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
z5fFp4b

I'm trying to remove a 10yo ceiling fan in the bathroom that is making a lot of noise when running. I've removed the grille cover (one screw), removed the four retaining screws holding the fan to the ceiling, but it only comes loos an inch or so and doesn't want to come out of the ceiling any further. I want to avoid dame by being too forceful - any tips greatly appreciated as I can't see what's holding it back!

https://imgur.com/z5fFp4b

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Show us some pics please.
Is the cable preventing moving it ,or is it connected to vent pipework ?
Hard to tell without sight of it.

Sponsored Links
Hard to be sure ,but it looks like it's gaffer taped to the pipework or Flexi pipe ,above it.
The fans spigot is white ,and it appears to have tape of a darker colour wrapped around it. Can't you ease it down a bit more ?
Do you have access to ceiling above it ?

Thanks Terry

No ceiling access I'm afraid. I think it's taped. Will try again tomorrow when the sun is back and I can see without the lights on - don't fancy a trip to hospital right now

well you have removed the cabling and the screws, it must have been taped or tied to the ducting, it must still have some give as they would have to have installed. Maybe on a flex ducting that has caught somehow. Slide figure up and see if you can feel, may just need a good tug

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back