Wiring a Vent-Axia Solo Plus Ceiling Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to install a Vent-Axia Solo Plus extractor fan. It is to replace a old broken fan. From the ceiling I have 4 wires. Red (live), Blue (neutral), Yellow (switched live), and an Earth. In the new extractor fan there is a L & N connection and 5 other connections marked 1,2,3,4,& 5.
I was told to connect the Red wire to L, the Blue wire to N, and the Yellow wire to connection 1, but the fan did not start. There is also a wire loop connecting connections 2 & 3. Obviously I have done something wrong, so if someone could give me some help it woule be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You don't say which model you have but from your description you appear to have a non timed model - which replaced a timed model hence your three core cable at the extractor fan connection.

If it is a non timed model then you may well have broken it - because from the instructions you only need to connect to L & N.
From the timed model instructions the connections are to L, N and LS - none of the instructions I have seen say anything about connecting live power directly to the terminals 1 - 5.
These are the equivalent to the dip switches found in many electronic controls and allow you to set up the fan to your particular environment.

If you do have a non timed model then you only need Twin and Earth (LS and N) at the extractor fan. So you either replace the cable and connect accordingly or you remove the permanent live (L) from the power source, usually a ceiling light and either clip it back or tape it out of the way - same at the fan end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back