vent bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im hoping someone can shed some light and this is posted in the right place. In my kitchen i have one vent brick (if the correct name for it) near the ceiling and one just above the floorboards, from what i have found out these were used to vent the boiler that used to be in this corner of my kitchen the boiler is now in the loft. So i was wondering what the best procedure was to fill these up without getting any problems in the future i was thinking of expanding foam. Just to add i also have smaller vents around the house which are below the floor boards so the house will still be able to breathe correctly.

Any advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Air vents are not just for boilers, they also stop condensation and mould build up. You could end up with a damp problem.
I would suggest maybe blocking one and put an open/close vent cover on the other.
You are more likely to get problems if you have solid brick walls.
where the cold from the wall meets the warm air of your house, a condensation can form causing mould. Air vents will help to stop this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back