vent in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a problem with green mould appearing on the furniture in the bedroom and mould growing on things left under the bed as the door is left shut all day to prevent our 4 cats making a mess.I was wondering if it could be down to lack of air movement as it seems worst in one corner so i was wondering if putting in a closeable vent in the wall would help this as the way the house was built 1900 the air in the attic is free to come down the back of the walls too so hopefully this would create a bit of a draught.

Sponsored Links
this shows layout door window and proposed vent site and how the air is able to move from the atic down the walls at the back as the house is only one room wide this is on 3 walls so could fit more than one vent but could be a little draughty but if they were closeable i could shut them whenever this was a problem.

How about trickle vents on your windows, or window restrictors so you can leave the window open a small amount.

Sponsored Links
Ventilating one room with a closed door is unlikely to stop mould forming in that room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back