Vent Pipe Cover Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

It seems our gravity flap vent cover for our kitchen extractor has disappeared. Cripes knows where it's gone but anyway.... because it has no gravity flap / cover the kitchen is cold due to the back draft.

It seems the installer did a bit of a bodge / the wall render has crumbled and the area around the flexible tube needs filling before replacing the cover..

The tube is 100mm.

When looking for suitable covers the drill holes are 150mm apart.

Typically this is where the gap around the tube is.

Can anyone suggest an easy to use 'filler' that could be applied and then drilled into.

I've looked at the external fillers but with the pipe being flexible / not rigid suspect they may fail over time?

My thoughts so far are to fill with expanding foam, trim back then fill / mortar around the pipe or create a wood frame around the pipe to drill into.

Unless anyone can suggest a larger vent cover - i.e one with wider than 150mm fixing holes (with flap to keep draft out) that will fit onto the vent pipe?

Ultimately I'm not great at DIY so the easiest solution going would be best !

IMG_13202.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Find and cut a square of stainless steel a bit larger than the replacement cover. Drill holes in the corners for fixings, drill holes to match the new cover and nut and bolt the two together. Before finally fixing in place, add some mastic to seal the SS to the wall.

Smooth bore pipe is much better than the flexible you have there, better rate of flow and longer lasting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back